Last Updated: April 2023
We at Resmark Equity Partners, LLC, Resmark Equity Partners, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “Resmark”), respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice describes how we process the Personal Data:
- that we collect on or through resmark.com, resmarkapartmentliving.com, including through our investor portal, and other websites or applications operated by Resmark that may link to this Online Privacy Notice (the “Sites”);
- when you visit our premises;
- when we conduct business with you (including where you are a contact at one of our suppliers or other business partners or portfolio companies);
- when you opt to receive communications from us;
- through other data collection points or notices that reference this Online Privacy Notice.
In this Online Privacy Notice, we provide information on the types of Personal Data we collect, how we use such Personal Data, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the Personal Data. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the Personal Data and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. For the purposes of applicable UK and EU data protection laws, Resmark will be the “controller” of any Personal Data. “Personal Data” is any information that relates to, describes, identifies or can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify an individual, such as name, address, date of birth, personal identification numbers, sensitive personal information, and economic information.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any processing of Personal Data by or on behalf of Resmark that is covered by a more specific privacy notice.
Information We Obtain
Information that you give us
The types of Personal Data we collect concerning individuals includes:
- business and personal contact information (such as name, postal and email addresses, and telephone number);
- other information you provide to us (such as information provided by registering for email alerts, filling in forms, and online registration details); and
- information we need in order to identify you and complete necessary security and safety checks, where you visit one of our buildings (such as a form of ID, and your image for closed-circuit television (CCTV) purposes).
In connection with a job inquiry or application, you may provide: login credentials; information regarding your work authorization status, education history, current or past job/employment history and professional designations; performance evaluations; and other information about your background and qualifications. In addition, where legally permissible, you may provide information regarding your gender, race/ethnicity, and your veteran and disability status. Resmark will not consider either this information or your choice to decline to provide it in evaluating your qualifications for employment with us. This information will be used only for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting and other legal and compliance purposes, and at all times in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In connection with becoming an investor, you may provide: financial information (such as banking information and an account number); taxpayer ID number; jurisdiction of tax residence; date of birth; and certain investment-related information. Please see our separate Investor Data Privacy Notice for detailed information as to how we use your Personal Data if you are an investor or potential investor.
Depending on the nature of our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data concerning you in the following categories:
- Identifiers (e.g., real name, postal address, email address, government ID, financial information);
- Protected characteristic information which may include “special category data” as defined under applicable data protection laws (e.g., date of birth, citizenship, birthplace);
- Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, personal information disclosed in a sale or acquisition process);
- Internet or other network activity (e.g. browsing or search history, information regarding interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement);
- Geolocation data (e.g. physical location);
- Professional or employment-related information (e.g. job history, performance evaluations);
- Non-public education information (e.g. education records);
- Inferences drawn from other personal information (e.g. profiles reflecting preferences and trends); and
- Certain sensitive Personal Data (e.g. social security, driver’s license, state identification care, or passport numbers, account log-in, financial account in combination with any required security or access code password, or credentials allowing access to an account only).
We do not collect or use sensitive Personal Data other than:
- To perform services, or provide goods, as would reasonably be expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services;
- As reasonably necessary and proportionate to detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted Personal Data;
- As reasonably necessary and proportionate to resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at us and to prosecute those responsible for such actions;
- For short-term, transient use (but not in a manner that discloses such information to another third party or is used to build a profile of you or otherwise alter your experience outside of your current interaction with us);
- To perform services on behalf of our business;
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or to improve, upgrade, or enhance such service or device; and
- To collect or process sensitive Personal Data where such collection or processing is not for the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer.
Information provided by third parties or publicly available sources
In connection with electronic interactions you have with us or our service providers (including by email, phone or other forms of electronic communication), we may record and monitor details of those interactions, including their content, to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
We may also collect some information from other sources, including:
- if we have a business relationship with the organization that you represent (e.g., one of our vendors, business partners or portfolio companies), information from your colleagues or other business contacts such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship where this is necessary to receive products or services from, or otherwise conduct business with, such organization;
- information viewed on social media (e.g., LinkedIn); and
- information from third party data providers or publicly available sources, including for anti-money laundering, background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We process information in relation to companies that we are evaluating in connection with a corporate transaction or potential investment. This information may include your Personal Data including: name, title, email address, postal address, job title, telephone number, passport or other government-issued identification, financial information and/or job and benefits information.
If you provide information to us about another person, you are responsible for complying with any legal obligations that may apply to your provision of the information to us.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. We also may use these and similar technology in emails we send you to collect certain information, such as whether you opened or clicked on links in our email.
On our Sites, we use the following cookies:
|Cookie||Name||Type / Purpose||More Information|
|[DYNSRV Session]||[DYNSRV]||[Essential cookie – This cookie is used for load balancing to manage server traffic demand. Its purpose is to improve the performance of the website.]||[Cookie expires after the session]
|[Cookie Consent]||[cookieconsent_status]||[Preference cookie – A cookie to remember that a user has accepted the cookie disclaimer when the website first loads.]||[Cookie expires after 7 days.]|
Some of these cookies may be placed by third parties such as our service providers.
Where cookies are not necessary for us to provide the products or services you have requested or for the functioning of the Sites, we will ask you to consent to their use. You may opt-in to accept cookies automatically by changing the settings on your browser. Your browser may also tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Panel and Global Storage Settings Panel. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites or other websites and online services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites. These service providers help us analyze how visitors use the Sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) may be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
The providers of third-party plugins and widgets on our Sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with the plugins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the providers of the plugins and widgets.
Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the below button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer-bca9446f-d873-78de-77ba-d42645fa52fc
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
Purposes for Processing Information
We may use, disclose or otherwise handle the information described in this Online Privacy Notice for the following purposes to:
- operate, evaluate, develop, promote, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; managing our premises; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- create and manage your account;
- manage your investments;
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements (including corporate transaction and investment reporting), relevant industry standards and our policies
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud, money-laundering, breach of confidence, cyber-attack, theft of proprietary materials, financial or business crimes, and other unlawful activity;
- to operate, administer and improve the user’s experience of the Sites and to protect our Sites;
- provide our products and services to you, such as market commentary and email alerts;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, or to provide you with updates or other information, about our business and services that may be of interest to you;
- send you (or produce) promotional materials, newsletters and other communications, including in visual and audio form (such as videos, podcasts and online seminars);
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, promotions, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- manage your employment application, assess your qualifications and manage your employment with us;
- verify your information and conduct conflicts checks;
- perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, demographic analyses and anonymization and aggregation of information);
- operate, schedule and facilitate online meetings, webinars and (video) conferences (for example, using Zoom and other online meeting platforms); [and]
- record audio and video content (for example, of our in-person or online events, training, and meetings where permitted by, and collected in accordance with, applicable data protection law)
- obtain advice from our professional advisors (including lawyers and accountants), for litigation management and to conduct internal audits and investigations.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Sites, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business.
No solely automated decision-making, including profiling, is used when processing your personal information. CCTV operates in some of our buildings for security and safety purposes, in accordance with applicable data protection law. Where CCTV is not operated by us, the CCTV will be under the control of the relevant building landlord, manager or operator.
We may also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Legal Bases for Processing Information
We rely on various legal bases under applicable data protection laws in order to process your Personal Data (including basic contact and identifying information and IP addresses, and, where appropriate, more sensitive types of Personal Data such as passport information and financial information, etc.), including our legitimate interests, contractual necessity and as required by law. We use the Personal Data we collect to operate our business, conduct business with you and perform essential or legitimate business operations.
If, in limited circumstances, we are required to collect Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation or obligation or in order to perform a contract with you, and/or ask you to provide information which is purely voluntary, this will be indicated to you at the time we collect your Personal Data, as well as the possible consequences of you failing to provide this Personal Data. For example, we may require your passport details to verify your identity for the purposes of anti-money laundering regulations, and failure to provide this information may mean that we cannot conduct business with you. In such cases, we may have to cancel an existing business arrangement with you but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Note that we may process your Personal Data on more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your Personal Data. We will only process your Personal Data as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Where we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests as a business or those of a third party, we do so only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
If you are a former employee, worker, contractor or member of Resmark, we will continue to process your Personal Data for a reasonable period following the end of your employment or engagement for our legitimate business and/or our legal compliance purposes and/or for the establishment or defense of a legal claim. Further, in some instances, we may process your Personal Data to perform our obligations under the contract between us (e.g. to pay you your final salary payment after your termination date). We only carry out such processing where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interests in pursuing those purposes. Your Personal Data will be retained and deleted in accordance with our retention policies and procedures (see the ‘How to Contact Us’ section for details).
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
We and third parties acting on our behalf (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests.
We may also send you marketing newsletters, updates, alerts and similar marketing or promotional communications. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. If you do receive direct marketing communications from us (for example, by post, email, fax or telephone), you may opt-out by clicking the link in the relevant communication, completing the forms provided to you (where relevant), or by contacting us (see the ‘Retention and Deletion of your Information’ section for details).
You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users by considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means (such as by cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies). The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites or apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on the Sites and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
The Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Information We Disclose to Others
We do not disclose Personal Data we obtain about you through the Sites or other channels covered by this Online Privacy Notice, except as described in this Online Privacy Notice.
We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates and subsidiaries. Depending on the nature of our relationship with you, we also disclose Personal Data with service providers who perform services on our behalf (including cloud services), our financial and transaction counterparties, our professional advisors, and your agents and representatives. We do not authorize these persons to use or disclose the information except as necessary for the purposes for which it is provided or to comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (including to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order), (ii) to law enforcement authorities, regulators and/or other government entities and/or other competent authorities based on a lawful disclosure request, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or to otherwise protect our rights, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or any other legal or investigatory process involving us. We reserve the right to transfer Personal Data we have about you or otherwise process in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a takeover, divestment, reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
In addition, we may share anonymous/aggregated information with third parties, such as service providers, in order to facilitate our business operations.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and Resmark is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
For California Residents, within the last twelve (12) months, we have disclosed personal information collected from you for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below. We may also disclose your information to other parties as may be required by law or regulation, or in response to regulatory inquiries.
|Personal Information Category||Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|A. Identifiers||Affiliates, subsidiaries, cloud service providers, financial and transaction counterparties, professional advisors.|
|B. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Affiliates, subsidiaries, cloud service providers, financial and transaction counterparties, professional advisors.|
|C. Commercial information||Affiliates, subsidiaries, cloud service providers, financial and transaction counterparties, professional advisors.|
|D. Biometric information||N/A|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity|
|F. Geolocation data|
|G. Sensory data||N/A|
|H. Professional or employment-related information|
|I. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))|
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information|
|K. Sensitive Personal Information|
We have not shared for the purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising or sold Personal Data in the 12 months preceding the date of this Online Privacy Notice.
We may transfer the Personal Data we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected to fulfil the purposes described in this Online Privacy Notice. Where you are based in the UK, the EU, or another country which imposes data transfer restrictions outside of its territory, please note that this may include transferring your Personal Data outside of the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or that geographical area, including to those countries in which our affiliates, group members, service providers and business partners operate (including the US). Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
Where we transfer Personal Data outside of the UK, the EEA, or other territories subject to data transfer restrictions to our affiliates or our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by adequate data transfer agreements or safeguards, which ensure that your Personal Data is protected and comply with applicable data protection laws (including, where appropriate, under an agreement on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission, UK government, or other relevant authority, or by obtaining your consent).
Please contact us if you would like to know more about these safeguards applied to such transfers (see the ‘How to Contact Us’ section for details).
Retention and Deletion of your Information
We intend to keep your Personal Data accurate and up-to-date. We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. We retain your Personal Data for as long as it is required by us for our legitimate purposes, to perform our contractual obligations, or where longer, such longer period as is required by law or regulatory obligations which apply to us.
We will retain your information in line with our retention policies and, in any event, for no longer than is necessary given the purpose for which it was collected, after which it will be deleted or anonymized.
The Sites are only intended for individuals who are at least 13 years of age. We do not knowingly encourage or solicit visitors to the Sites who are under the age of 13 or knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
Your Rights and Choices
You have rights under applicable laws in connection with the Personal Data we collect from you. To update your preferences or submit a request to exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Online Privacy Notice.
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction or otherwise applicable to our processing of your information, you may request access to the Personal Data we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as indicated below.
These rights, subject to certain limitations, may include:
Rights of access, correction and deletion. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you, and to obtain some related information about the processing of your Personal Data, including the purpose for processing the Personal Data, the categories of recipients of that Personal Data, the safeguards in place to the extent such Personal Data has been transferred internationally by us, and, where the Personal Data has not been collated directly from you, the source (the “Processing Information”). The Processing Information is also set out in the applicable sections of this Online Privacy Notice. If you have requested a copy of your Personal Data, we may request that you pay a “reasonable fee”, if we think that your request is excessive, to help us cover the costs of locating the information that you have requested.
You may also have the right to require any Personal Data to be corrected (if you think that the Personal Data we hold and process about you is inaccurate or it needs to be updated) or deleted (if you think that we shouldn’t be holding or processing your Personal Data any more).Please note that it may not always be possible for us to erase your Personal Data on your request, due to legal obligations. In addition, should you request erasure of the Personal Data, we may be unable to provide the services required by you.
Right to withdraw consent. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Data, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
Restrictions on use, right to object, and portability. You can object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes at any time. You may also have: (i) the right to object to our processing of some or all of your Personal Data (and require it to be deleted) where processing is based on legitimate interests and in some other limited circumstances (e.g., where processing is undertaken for research or statistical purposes); (ii) the right not to be subject to automated decision making (where it produces an adverse legal effect or significantly affects you); and (iii) in some limited circumstances, a “data portability” right to require us to transfer your Personal Data to you or a third party, in a data portable format. You may also request that we stop processing your Personal Data (other than storing it), if: (i) you contest the accuracy of it (until the accuracy is verified); (ii) you believe the processing is against the law; (iii) you believe that we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need your Personal Data to establish or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing, and we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your Personal Data, override your own rights.
California residents have the following rights:
- Deletion Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Data that we retain, subject to certain exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations. We will notify you in writing if we cannot comply with a specific request and provide an explanation of the reasons.
- Disclosure and Access Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection, use, disclosure and sale of Personal Data specific to you. Such information includes:
- The categories of Personal Data we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Data is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting such Personal Data;
- Categories of third parties with whom we disclose the Personal Data;
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you; and
- Whether we disclosed your Personal Data to a third party, and if so, the categories of Personal Data that each recipient obtained.
- Correction Right: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the Personal Data that we retain, subject to certain statutory exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations. We will notify you in writing if we cannot comply with a specific request and provide an explanation of the reasons.
- No Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under California privacy laws, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive, or charging, different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive, or providing, a different level or quality of service to you.
We review and verify requests to protect your Personal Data, and will action data protection requests fairly and in accordance with applicable data protection laws and principles. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Complaints. You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with the body regulating data protection in your country.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect Personal Data in our possession or under our control against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links To Other Websites
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Updates To Our Online Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically. We will post the updated version on the Sites and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. Please check for any updates regularly.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Online Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, or exercise any of your rights, please email us at email@example.com, or access our web form at resmark.com/contact/. Individuals in the US can also call us at 310-474-8400.
You also may write to:
Resmark Equity Partners, LLC
Attn: Corporate Administration
10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1500
Los Angeles, California 90024
Please also contact us via any of the above methods if you have a disability and require an alternative format of this Online Privacy Notice.